Tussah Silk is produced in India by wild silk moths instead of the cultivated moths used for the white, smooth silks. Tussah silk moths feed on a wide range of vegetation giving an unexpected variety of natural colours, including cream, stone, honey and deeper brown. The characteristic honey colour is often produced where the moth feeds on oak leaves.
Tussah is a textured silk which can be used to make elegant clothing such as jackets, skirts, etc. Using the different colours and variations in texture, it can also be used to make a distinctive cushion, jacket or waistcoat. Tussah can also be useful in applique or as a background for embroidery.
Currently we have some 50 different Silk Tussahs in stock. We list a selection of those for which we have a reasonable stock. Meanwhile, if you can't see what you want here, and are looking for small quantities, contact us to discuss any requirements that you may have.
Should you wish to buy small pieces of Silk Tussah, have a look at our 'Texture Silk Pack' range elsewhere in our range of Natural silks.
- HB 299 Cream Silk Matka
- JB 326 Cream Looped Silk
- JB 369 Cream Ribbed Silk
- JB 382 Silk Tussah
- JB 632 Dark Cream Openweave Silk
- JB 637 Black Ribbed Silk
- JB 733 Brown Stripe Silk Tussah
- JB 734 Banded Silk Tussah
- JB 735 Dark Olive Silk Tussah
- JB 736 Light Olive Silk Tussah
- JB 756 Brown Check Light Silk Tussah
- JB 757 Thick and Thin Cream and Brown Stripe Silk Tussah
- JB 758 Cream Check Fine Silk Tussah
- JB 759 Cream/Light Brown Grid Silk Tussah
- JB 760 Brown Grid Silk Tussah
- JB 762 Silk Tussah Openweave